Once that is working, go into Entourage Preferences and goto "Sync Services", put a check mark in the "Synchronize contacts with Address Book and .Mac" and in the "Address Book:" drop down box I chose "Contacts [DSG Exchange Server]"
Now in iTunes under iPhone Info I have my Contacts sync setup as follows:
Now for Calendar in Itunes under iPhone Info I have my Calendar sync setup as follows:
After completing these steps, sync your iPhone and you should now have your contacts on your iPhone. Works great for me, hopefully it will work for you as well!
So my email shows up and all the subfolders of email show up, attachment viewing great, but the major problem / challenge I am running into now is the email only syncs one way. If I delete a message from the iPhone it never deletes it from the server. It will mark the message as being read but thats about it. I am going to try it on another Exchange server to see if its any better on another installation of Exchange 2003. So close yet so far away!
So in prep of setting the computer up at the users desk I joined to the Domain and logged in as the user to setup Outlook, etc. - So I launch InDesign to do some more testing and as it is loading "starting up service registry" it crashes, details show msvcrt.dll as the offender. I went so far as to uninstall and reinstall CS3 which takes a while, with the same results. I log in as the administrator on the computer (the user that originally installed it) and it worked fine. So I downloaded Microsoft's (Sysinternal's) RegMon with no real red flags there I downloaded FileMon. As I ran FileMon I noticed right before it started to create the Adobe Dump file that it was going through printer files. So I checked to make sure that I had a printer installed on the machine (some programs don't like when there is no printer installed on the machine) and found that is was set to our connected copier by default. For ShiGrins I changed the default to the AdobePDF printer and restarted InDesign - Magically it launched without any problems.
I rebooted and tested again and again and it seems to be working now, even after I set the default printer back to the one it was originally.
Event ID: 2274
ISAPI Filter 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\60\bin\stsfltr.dll' could not be loaded due to a configuration problem. The current configuration only supports loading images built for a AMD64 processor architecture. The data field contains the error number.After searching and searching and not finding much that specifically addressed this, started digging in more and found that Sharepoint Services 2.0 had been installed on the server. Sharepoint Services 2.0 runs in 32bit emualtion mode and it appears that it was conflicting with OWA running in 64bit.
After going into to add/remove programs and removing Sharepoint Services 2.0 immediately after I was able to get a Exchange 2007 OWA login to appear in the browser. Then tested with IE7 and FireFox and was able to login with multiple user accounts.
Your message has encountered delivery problemsto the following recipient(s):
554 TRANSACTION FAILED
Sent: (message data)
Received:554-: (RLY:CH) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlych.html554 TRANSACTION FAILED
With AOL there is a lovely report spam button that you can use when you feel that a message you receive is a spam email message. If you get enough complaints then you will start getting these return messages when you send to any of the aol.com domains. The person in question had a virus on their PC an so they were blacklisted by aol. I was surprised to be greeted with absolutely no hold time when I called their postmaster phone number (888)-212-5537. It has been a while since I picked up a phone to contact AOL and I must say the experience was overall a good one. The representative was extremely helpful. The IP address that the client had did not show in their records so the representative provided me with an email address that will return the IP address that AOL is seeing. If you sent an email to email@example.com, then you will get a response back with the guilty IP address. You will have to send the email to the ipconfirm address from the computer that the emails are being returned to or through the email server that they are being returned to. The representative at the number was nice enough to go ahead and remove it from their list, but suggested setting up a feeback loop going forward. The feedback loop will kick you an email anytime they get an email you send that one of their members designates as spam. This can be very helpful if you have a mail server and have one party that is sending out spam mail.
More AOL Email Troubleshooting tips can be found at the following URL: http://postmaster.info.aol.com/trouble/
- Click start
- Type: cmd
- Right-click cmd.exe when it appears under Applications
- Click Run As Administrator
- Type the following: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Press enter
- Restart your computer
To check autotuning is disabled repeat the above but type: netsh int tcp
This worked for me when all other fixes and work-arounds did not.
Hope it helps someone else!